Effective Date: November 14, 2022
Last Reviewed: November 14, 2022
The Short Version:
If we collect a child’s personal information, we will also obtain the parent’s consent to collect and use that data to provide our Services. In this case, any promotional materials will be directed to the parental e-mail address. Parents can contact us at any time to better understand, change, or delete their child’s data. We use your data for our internal purposes, primarily for the purpose of providing our Services to you, but also for direct marketing regarding our Services – to parents when applicable. While your data may be shared with certain third parties as required for us to provide our services, to promote safety, or to comply with applicable law, we will never sell your or your child’s data.
The following summaries link to our full policy terms, below. Please make sure that you understand the full policy terms before proceeding.
- For Children Under 18. We will obtain parental consent before asking for personal information from children under 18 on our Services, subject to exceptions under applicable law. We will not condition a child’s participation in any Service on the disclosure of more personal information than is reasonably necessary to participate. Parents of children under 18 can contact us at any time at firstname.lastname@example.org to request the deletion or modification of their child’s personal information, or to share other concerns regarding their child’s data – please provide enough information so that we can verify your and your child’s identities. See below to learn more.
- Collection. We collect information about you, such as identifying information (e.g., name, email address, date of birth), payment data, contact information (e.g., e-mail address, telephone number). In many cases you choose to provide this information to us; in other cases we collect information automatically to help us provide our Services to you. See below to learn more.
- Use. We use your information as needed to provide our Services and improve the quality, safety, and security of our Services, to develop new Services, to communicate with you regarding our Services, and to maintain our business relationship with you. We do not and will not sell your personal information. See below to learn more.
- Sharing. We share your information to provide you with our Services, to improve the quality, safety, and security of our Services, to comply with applicable law, and to respond to your requests, subject to your consent where required. It’s worth repeating – we don’t sell your data. See below to learn more.
- Data Security. We use reasonable administrative, technical and physical security to protect the personal information we retain. See below to learn more.
- Choices. You have choices regarding how we use and share your information. You can opt out of our promotional communications, update or cancel your account with us, and opt out of certain types of data collection, like analytics tools and cookies. See below to learn more.
- Parental Choice and Control. Parents have the right to prohibit our collection of personal information from your child and can request that we delete from our records the Personal Information we have collected. Please contact us at email@example.com with questions or concerns about your child’s data, and please provide us enough information so that we can verify that you are who you say you are. See below to learn more.
- Contact Us. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or concerns regarding our data handling practices. See below to learn more.
FOR CHILDREN UNDER 18
We will obtain parental consent before asking for personal information from children under 18 on our Services, unless the request for information falls within an exception under applicable law.
We do not make personal information collected from children publicly available. We will not condition a child’s participation in any activity or service on the disclosure of more personal information than is reasonably necessary to participate in an activity.
Users have the option to voluntarily place information about themselves on playlabs Services, for instance, on a gaming profile or as part of a gamer tag. As set forth in the section Parental Choice and Control, below, parents may contact us at email@example.com to review, update or delete any of their children’s personal information that was provided to us or that we may have otherwise collected, and to elect for us not to collect any additional personal information from their children.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
The personal information we collect depends on how you interact with us, the products you purchase, and the choices you make. We collect personal information about you from different sources and in various ways.
Information You Provide to Us. playlabs™ collects information you provide directly to us on the Site, through our Products, via email, through your communications or interactions with us, or otherwise in connection with your interaction with our Services. This includes the following:
- Identifying and contact information, such as your full name, home address, date of birth, telephone number, and email address.
- Payment data, such as payment method, credit or debit card numbers, and other payment or billing information if you provide it to us. We do not store this information but we do share it with our payment processor.
- Preferences and feedback, such as your preferences for communication, language, and time zone, and product feedback including ratings and reviews.
- Security, such as passwords, security questions, usernames when you create an account with us.
Information from Other Sources. We may receive information about you if you use any other websites affiliated with us or from information you post on or submit to the Site or when using the Services.
Information We Collect through Automatic Data Collection Technologies.
- Information Automatically Collected via the Site. When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain technical information from your browser, such as the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other data about your visit to the Site.
- Information Collected Using Other Tracking Tools. In addition to, or in conjunction with Cookies, we may use other tracking tools to improve users’ experiences on the Site. For example, pixel tags (also known as clear GIFs, web bugs, or web beacons) may be used to track the online movements of users of the Site. Pixel tags and similar tools may also be used in our emails to track whether an email was read or forwarded to someone else.
- Information Collected Using Web Analytics Tools. We may use Google Analytics Advertising features such as demographics and interest reporting to collect anonymized data about the gender, age, and interests of visitors to the Site. You can read Google’s security and privacy policies for Google Analytics at policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites. You may opt out of having your data used by Google Analytics by accessing Google’s Ads Settings, Ad Settings for mobile apps, or any other available means.
OUR USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use the information we collect in the following ways:
- To Provide Our Products and Services. We use collected information to facilitate your purchase of our products or services. For example, we will use your home address to ship our products to you or your email address to keep you informed on their status.
- To Advertise, Market or Send You Promotional Materials. We use your information to advertise our Services and send you promotional materials. Promotional materials may include newsletters or other information regarding playlabs™ contests, events, and/or products. Promotional materials may be conveyed in emails; if we collected a parental e-mail address associated with a child’s e-mail address, such promotions and advertising will be directed to the parental e-mail address. If you no longer wish to receive these materials, you may opt out by following the opt-out instructions included in our emails, texts, or mailings, or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To Improve Our Services. We collect information using Cookies (data files created when you visit a website), tracking tools, and/or analytic tools. We use this information to personalize your experience on the Site or with the company and/or to improve the security, design, and/or function of the Site. We may also use your information to support and develop our products and service offerings.
- To Fulfill or Meet the Reason you Provided the Information. For example, if you share your name and contact information to request information or ask a question about our products or service offerings, we will use that information to respond to your inquiry. We may also save and use your information to market or promote our Services.
- To Provide Customer Support. We may use your information to provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses.
- To Maintain Safety and Security. We may use your information to help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our products, website and services, databases and other technology assets, and business.
- To Further Product Development. We may use your information for testing, research, analysis, and product development to allow us to develop and improve our products and service offerings.
- To Comply with Our Legal Obligations. We may use your information if we are required to respond to a law enforcement request and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- Other uses:
- To present our Services and their content to you.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Services
- As described to you separately when collecting your personal information.
OUR SHARING OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We share personal information as necessary to complete your transactions or provide the Services you have requested or authorized, when you direct us to share it with others, or otherwise with your consent. For example, when you provide payment data to us, we will share that data with banks and other entities as necessary for payment processing, fraud prevention, or other related financial services to complete your transaction involving our Services. We may also share personal information if doing so is necessary to protect our or others’ rights, property, or safety, , as part of a merger or similar corporate transaction, or as required under applicable law.
Consistent with the above, we may share your information with:
- Technology and Service Providers. Software, IT and cloud service providers we use to support our business. We may also share your information with our selected partners in order to conduct business, including conducting audits, performing industry analysis, and evaluating the results of marketing efforts. We may also share your information with customer relationship management, consultants, financial, legal and other similar providers we use to support our business. When you provide information as described above, we may also share your information with selected partners (e.g., email newsletter providers) to provide you the requested information.
- Payment Service Providers. System providers and payment processors and related providers to perform functions such as processing, storing, verifying or managing payment card information.
- With Other Third Parties. Other third parties when legally required to do so, such as at the request of governmental authorities conducting an investigation or to verify or enforce compliance with policies governing the Site and applicable laws. In addition, we may disclose user information if we believe disclosure is necessary to protect the rights, property or safety of playlabs™, or any of our respective affiliates, business partners, customers or others.
- Corporate Transactions Parties in connection with, during, or upon completion of a merger, acquisition, asset sale, or other business transaction that involves some, or all, of playlabs™’s assets, data you have provided to playlabs™ may be transferred to a successor/purchaser as part of a transaction.
We do not, and will not, sell your personal information. We may share de-identified information in accordance with applicable law without restriction.
Should you have further questions or concerns about our security measures, please contact us using the information below.
CHOICE AND CONTROL OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You can control how your information is used in the following ways.
Opting Out of Communications. Our promotional materials include instructions and a link for opting out of receiving further communications. If you no longer wish to receive promotional emails, you may also opt out by contacting us with your request at email@example.com. Please note that even if you opt out of receiving marketing communications, we may still communicate with you regarding an established business relationship or communicate with you about an order, if one has been established. Please allow a reasonable time after reaching out for us to process your request.
Updating or Cancelling an Account with playlabs™. If you signed up for an account with playlabs™, you may update the information associated with your account or cancel your account at any time by contacting us with your request at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Opting Out of Analytics Tools. You may opt out of having your data used by Google Analytics via Google’s Ads Settings, Ad Settings for mobile apps, or any other available means. Please visit policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites for more information on how to do this.
Nevada Privacy Rights. Nevada residents who wish to exercise their sale opt-out rights under Nevada Revised Statutes Chapter 603A may submit a request to this designated address: email@example.com. Please note, playlabs™ does not sell your personal information.
PARENTAL CHOICE AND CONTROL
If we allow children to create an account or otherwise engage with our Services, we will obtain parental consent prior to the collection of their Personal Information. If you are a parent, you can refuse to permit us to collect Personal Information from your child and, at any time, can request that we delete from our records the Personal Information we have collected. Please keep in mind that a request to delete records may lead to a termination of an account, membership, or other Services.
If you have any questions or concerns about our approach to children’s privacy, you, as a parent, want to access the data of your child, or request the deletion of your child’s data, please submit a request to firstname.lastname@example.org, together with verifying information regarding you and your child so that we know that your request is legitimate.
CROSS BORDER TRANSFERS
California Do Not Track Disclosure.
Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that you can set in your web browsers, which allows you to opt out of tracking by websites and online services. We do not currently recognize or respond to DNT signals.
California Business and Professions Code Section 22581.
California residents under the age of 18 who are registered users of online sites, services, or applications have a right under California Business and Professions Code Section 22581 to remove, or request and obtain removal of, content or information they have publicly posted. To remove content or information you have publicly posted, please send a detailed description of the specific content or information you wish to have removed, please contact us at email@example.com. Please be aware that your request does not guarantee complete or comprehensive removal of content or information posted online and that the law may not permit or require removal in certain circumstances.
If you have any questions or comments about this notice, the ways in which playlabs™ collects and uses your information, your choices and rights regarding such use, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, by telephone at 248.468.8000, or by mail at 374 Hilton Rd., Ferndale, MI 48220.